Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Getting to know me #2

Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.

1. Breaking my legs/ bones, I have had knee problems my entire life and they already hurt constantly I worry about what it would be like. I watched a classmate break his leg in gym, it was brutal.

2.Tractor Trailers on the interstate, I pretty much dont drive on the interstate because of the following incident. We drove in the summer of 2006 from Boone to Nags Head, before we were married. We experienced an erratic truck driver on I-40 he would speed up then slow way down, he changed lanes with out signals and we were in heavy traffic. I had taken note and asked hubby to keep his distance. About 20 miles down the  interstate we were traveling in the far left lane which was next to a concrete barrier. The erratic driver was next to us and he whipped into our lane with no signal traveling faster than us (est. 85 mph). We were literally in the middle of the truck. Hubby laid on his horn, hit the breaks and the tail end of the truck hit the front of the car and we slammed into the concrete wall many times spinning.  I believe in angels because of this situation. We also firmly believe that Subaru we were driving helped save our lives. We walked away from the car only to have the driver try to make a move on me. The driver was high on meth. and was charged and eventually lost his CDL.  It was discovered by the insurance company that he had driving charges in 5 other states in for erratic/ reckless driving. (States aren't set up to share this information). We are lucky to be alive.
 I still have shoulder problems and I cant drive near tractor trailers. This was 7 years ago.
3. I am up on a table at the sight of the rats/mice...its just nasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment